Jane's hair turned out beautifully when I curled it for church today. But I knew it wouldn't last-- it never does, past Sacrament meeting. For the life of her, she can't sit reverently, and invariably ends up rubbing her head all over the pew or my chest as I'm trying to hold her still. As we headed downstairs for breakfast, I said, "Jane, let's go take your picture on the front porch." She's been through this before, so she said emphatically, "Ok mom, but just take 1 picture, okay?" I selected our scene carefully, knowing I would only get a precious few shots. I was thrilled with the only two that I took-- each one captures a slightly different expression.
If I can only have one little girl, I'm so tickled it's Jane. To me, she is the quint-essential girl-- she refuses to wear anything that doesn't have "flowers or sparkles", she is super-affectionate, and also super-dramatic. When she's sweet she's so sweet, and when she's not, she's really not. Whenever people ask about how many kids I have, I say four boys and one girl, and she's enough girl for all of them.
3 comments:
She is so gorgeous and seems to have grown up over night. Good thing she has all those brothers to watch out for her.
We love that little Janie girl! Keep the pictures coming!
Miss Janie is seriously a mini-you. So adorable!
Post a Comment