
Luke was up at 5:30 yesterday morning. Normally he would just crawl into bed with me and go back to sleep, but since Derek was up and getting ready for work (just another Saturday morning for him these days), we got up too and kept Daddy company. Derek was gone by 6:00 so I snuggled Luke in a bed, listening to his profound insights on the Plan of Salvation.
El Tigre: "In the next coming, T-Rexes will be alive, but they will eat plants, not us."
Mom: "Really? How do you know that."
El Tigre: "Reid told me." (Just as I suspected... the wise 5-year-old brother is the source of most of Luke's info these days.)
Mom: "Do you know what the 'next' coming is?"
El T.: "No."
Mom: "It's when Jesus comes to the earth again."
El T.: (Matter of factly) "To bring the dinosaurs down."
Can I argue with that? If the lamb and the lion can lie down together, why not the boy and the T-Rex?
Ooooh! I just love little boys!
6 comments:
So, so cute!!! And so nice of you to get up at 5:30am with Derek!
Kids do say the darndest things! It's so nice to have brothers to pass down knowledge. Can't wait to hear what they teach Jane!
Your blog is getting me SOOOOOOO excited for my own little boy!! I love all the pictures, your family is so beautiful!
Luke had some great insights on Transformers in Sunbeams the other day for us too! :)
yea! My favorite Britt updated her blog:) I love Luke- all your boys- so insightful! I sure miss you and your awesome kids!!!
So cute, I haven't figured out how to get my boys to make the leap from dinosaurs to Jesus. We just get dinosaurs.
Post a Comment