Sunday, March 21, 2010

Jane is two weeks shy of turning two years old, but when the stars align just right and the hair, the outfit, the mood all come together, I have to seize the moment-- so here are Jane's "official" two-year-old pictures. I was so tickled when Jane's curls actually came out well after putting in sponge rollers last night. I'm excited to begin that tradition of Saturday-night-curlers that my mom did for me throughout my childhood. That's one thing that is new to me about raising a girl... they actually don't mind sitting around being doted on: Jane sat and played with princesses and curlers while I rolled her hair; she will frequently ask for lotion (which my boys still detest, despite their itchy, eczematic skin); every morning she asks to get "Up!" on my counter to assist while I put on makeup.Also, you don't have to pose girls... Jane was a natural today.
I adore raising a little woman!

(As much as I adore her sweet brothers who help me raise her!)