Thursday, August 28, 2008

Two of our favorite family past-times: Legos and Chess. The boys earned the new Lego Agents set for doing their "First Things First" chore routine throughout the summer. Derek was as excited about the new Legos as the boys were-- he had planned on going to the gym and ended up spending 4 hours with the boys working on putting it together until it was done.
Ethan learned to play chess at school this year, and he has even beat Dad a few times. (He has yet to defeat his Mom. :) )
Reid and Luke are catching on as well. Luke can almost set up the board on his own, and he can name each piece. Not bad for a little tyke.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

First things first? I need to give you a call and find out about that. I miss having you around for lots of reasons, but I really miss those great parenting ideas too.

Karen said...

Hi Britt! I was so glad to find your blog through Amanda's! I hope you don't mind me taking a look. Your family is so beautiful! It looks like you are doing really well. I will have to let Jana know I found you. We have been wondering what all of our blue barn friends have been up to.

Karen Hyde

Jenna said...

the fact that even luke loves chess proves that your children are too smart. more posts like this and even if a cousin does come along, we might not admit it :)

willmottfamily said...

That is one serious Lego project. Patrick would have LOVED to being part of that. I like the race post, too. Patrick ended his first race (a couple years ago) on Scott's shoulders. We haven't tried another since, but maybe the time has come.

C4 McKendrick said...

Wow! You guys have an awesome dad (& mom). Those games look like fun... Dude, I can't believe I found your blog and that you have FOUR kids!!!
KIT kids!
-Calvin

cmacfam03.blogspot.com